Women’s wrestling is one of the fastest growing sports at the high school and college level. Several state high school associations have sanctioned girls only wrestling. Nebraska is one of the many states seriously considering sanctioning girls only wrestling in high school.
Bennington has had a proud tradition of success in wrestling and would like to continue that in girls wrestling when the time comes. Currently there are already a few high school tournaments that are for only girls. We believe the success of a girls program must start at the youth level. There are a few girls only tournaments at the youth level and we will make them available.
To get your daughter involved in wrestling:
At the youth level: Register for the club on this website.
At the middle school and high school: Contact the head wrestling coaches at the school.
Why should girls wrestle:
Learn basic self-defense skills
Develop overall athletic skills
- Body control awareness
- Core strength
- Mental toughness
- One of the fastest growing sports
- Currently in 38 colleges and growing
- Midland University just down the road in Fremont
- York College in York, NE
- Beyond college there are Olympic and World Team opportunities
- Extreme weight loss is not allowed by NSAA weight management rules
- At Bennington we constantly talk about proper eating habits and nutrition
- Bennington has won 3 State Championships, 3 State Runners-Up and 5 third place finishes
- The wrestling program has produced 43 individual State Champions
- We plan to do the same with the girl’s program starting right away
- Girls only tournaments
- Girls state tournament coming soon